In June of 2010, Adams Exterminators partnered with CrawlSpace Care technologies to begin offering a superior dehumidification system in Southwest Georgia. The CrawlSpace Care system not only keeps your crawl space dry but it also provides significant savings on your heating and cooling bill. In addition it prevents wood decay fungus and improves your indoor air quality.
What is CrawlSpace Care?
Excessive moisture in a conventionally vented crawl space is the number one cause associated with a host of serious crawl space concerns. As levels of moisture rise in a structure, the structure becomes more conducive to wood destroying insects, more prone to microbial growth, more susceptible to rot and suffers greatly diminished indoor air quality. The crawl space of your home may be out of sight but the effects of excessive moisture in your crawl space should not be out of mind.
The CrawlSpace Care systems protect your home from the bottom up. They provide moisture control by using a high quality, tear resistant 8mil vapor liner to cover the ground which is sealed to a high quality, tear resistant 6mil vapor liner on the walls. All seams are taped to protect moisture from passing around the liner. If foundation vents are already present, they will be sealed. This system, along with proper drainage and a form of mechanical drying will provide great moisture control protection.
With CrawlSpace Care, your home is protected against:
- Condensational moisture
- High levels of humidity
- Ground moisture vapors
- Moisture intrusion from outside of the foundation walls
Benefits of a Closed Crawl Space
- Enhanced quality of the crawl space environment
- Less humidity
- Less humidity variations during the annual seasonal cycle
- Reduces the susceptibility to insect damage, wood rot, and mold issues by reducing moisture
- The improvements result in overall energy savings from reduced annual energy use for heating and cooling your home
Are you having problems with excessive moisture within your home? CrawlSpace Care can eliminate a major source of moisture and solve the cause of many of these type issues.
- Bare Dirt
- Energy Loss
- No humidity control
- Wet wood, insulation & HVAC ducts
- Prone to insect infestation
- Ideal for mold growth
- Clean sealed liner system
- Saves energy
- Correct humidity
- Dry crawl space
- Fewer insects
- Temperature and humidity monitoring